Things You Should Know About Fence Permits And The Fence Guys Permit Service
- Most municipalities require a permit for the installation of a fence on your property, whether it is a first-time fence or the replacement of an existing fence.
- Fence permits are often processed in about two weeks, but can take longer.
- Every township, borough, or city determines its own fence code. There are many common requirements, but it is not safe to assume anything regarding your municipality’s code. Our Permit Service will communicate with your municipality and make sure that your project meets their code.
- A survey of your property is recommended. While The Fence Guys can usually obtain your permit without a survey, we cannot ensure that your fence is not exceeding your property lines without one. We can recommend a good surveyor upon request.
- If your municipality becomes alerted that work has begun without a permit, your fence installation can be postponed or stopped abruptly.
- The Fence Guys Permit Service is optional to you. Ask your sales representative about the fee for your project.
- Your township or borough’s permit application fee is not included in The Fence Guys Permit Service fee.
What The Fence Guys Permit Service Will Do
- Obtain your municipality’s fence code and permit application
- Coordinate with your municipality for processing
- Gather all necessary paperwork
- Recommend a surveying company if necessary
- Complete and submit your permit application
- Pay your municipality’s permit fee. Your township or borough’s permit application fee is not included in The Fence Guys Permit Service fee and this amount will be added to your final balance
- Coordinate revisions of your project to meet your municipality’s code if necessary
- Obtain your permit upon approval
What The Fence Guys Permit Service Will Not Do
- Advocate for you in the event of a dispute
- Schedule or attend your municipality’s final inspection
- Apply for a variance if necessary
* The Fence Guys Permit Service fee does not include the cost of your municipality’s permit application fee or any applicable HOA fees
* The Fence Guys Permit Service is not available in the City of Philadelphia